About Pony Club Australia – NT
Pony Club was founded in England in 1929. The first recorded Pony Club was formed in Australia in Ingleburn, New South Wales in 1938 by Mrs Marjory Hirst.
There are currently 5 Pony Clubs in the Northern Territory: Darwin Horse and Pony Club, Noonamah Horse and Pony Club, Litchfield Horse and Pony Club, Katherine Horse and Pony Club and Alice Springs Pony Club.
Pony Club has been in the Northern Territory since early 1960’s.
- Pony Club teaches young riders to not only ride but care for their horse
- We believe in maintaining current coaching practises with accredited pathways for our coaches.
- We believe encouraging and developing good governance practises for our clubs and NT Board.
- We are a grassroots, not for profit organisation that believes that fun and friendship are essential.
- We encourage and support local competition, National and International pathways.